PCS coaching Chandigarh
Fresh PCS crash course Batches starting from 7th August 2018
Punjab Civil Services Exam, PCS, DSP, SDM is a dream job for many Punjabi’s. Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) Patiala is responsible for conducting open competitive examfor all competent candidates in Punjab. We provide best PCS coaching in Chandigarh.
Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) Recruitment notification 2018 Other details (Notification expected in February this year).
Punjab Civil Services Exam acronym as PCS Exam is a combined competitive examination held by the Punjab Public Service Commission for recruitment to the following given services/posts:
|S.No||Name of the Post|
|1||Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch)|
|2||Deputy Superintendent of Police|
|3||Deputy Superintendent of Jail (Grade-II)/District Probation Officer(jails)|
|4||Excise & Taxation Officer|
|6||Block Development & Panchayat Officer|
|7||Labour and Conciliation Officer|
Note : – The number of vacancies may be increased or decreased by the government without any prior notice at any stage of selection process.
PCS Exam / Punjab Civil Services Exam Eligibility
- A Candidate should possess a degree of bachelor in any discipline from a recognized university or institution. The candidate can take preliminary examination while studying for his degree course. However, the candidate shall be required to produce proof of passing the degree course for being eligible to take the final examination during that year.
- The candidates must have passed Punjabi of matric or its equivalent standard as on the last date of receipt of Online application form i.e 30th Dec, 2016.
(i) The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institution. Provided that the candidate may be permitted to take Preliminary Competitive Examination while studying for his degree. However, the candidate shall be required to produce proof of passing the degree course for being eligible to take the Main Competitive Examination during that year.
(ii) The Candidates must have passed Punjabi of matric or its equivalent standard as on the last date of receipt of application .
Candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 38 years of age as on 1st Jan, 2018.
The Age of the candidate shall be between 21 to 37 years with relaxation for reserved categories as per Govt. instructions mentioned below :-
(i) Provided that in the case of Punjab Police Service, a candidate should have attained the minimum age of twenty-one years and should not have attained the age of twenty-eight years.
(ii) However, in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab the age is relaxed up to 5 years as per Punjab Government Instructions including the Punjab Police Service.
(iii) The upper age limit for a Punjab Government / Other State Government/ Central Government employees will be relaxed up to 47 years.
- Provided that in the case of Punjab Police Service/Punjab Prison Services, a candidate should have attained the minimum age of 21 years and should not have attained the age of 27 years on the first day of the year, referred to above.
- Provided that in the case of Deputy Superintendent of Police, candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab are relaxed in age, up to 5 years as per Punjab Government Instructions.
- The Upper age limit is relaxable for Punjab govenment employee, including that of a court, who has not less than four years continuous service under the Government, will be relaxable up to 45 years. Age limit above will be relaxable up to a maximum of five years for Schedules Castes and Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab. And the Age limit for widows, divorcees and certain other categories of women of Punjab will be relaxable up to 40 years.
- Again the age relaxation is up to 10 years for the disabled persons of Punjab.
- An ex-serviceman of Punjab, domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in Armed Forces of the Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age, limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
Necessary: The candidate should be a:
- Citizen of India; or Citizen of Nepal; or Subject of Bhutan; or Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the Ist January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar) Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India;
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (2), (3), (4) and (5) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of Punjab in the Department of Home Affairs and Justice.
How to apply for PCS Exam?
Aspiring candidates can apply for PCS Only Online by visiting the official website of ppsc. Candidates are NOT required to send hard copy of the Online Application Form to the office of Punjab Public Services Commission.
Note:Candidates must write his/her Registration Number, Name and address in Block Letter on the reverse of the cheques.
PCS Exam Fee
|SC/ST Punjab and Other States|
|Backward Classes Punjab|
|Ex-Servicemen Punjab and Other States (Excluding LDESM)|
|All Other Categories||3000|
PCS Exam / Punjab Civil Services Exam Pattern
Punjab Public Service Commission Consists of Two Stages ie.
- PCS Preliminary Exam and
- PCS Mains Exam
Pattern of Preliminary Exam
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Time Allowed|
|I||General Studies||100||200||2 Hrs.|
|II||Civil Services Aptitude Test||80||200||2 Hrs.|
Candidates equal to thirteen times of the total number vacancies requisitioned by the Government under sub-rule (1) of Rule 13-A of Punjab Civil Services (Executive Branch) Rules, 1976 read with Punjab State Civil Services (Appointment by Combined Competitive Examination) Rules, 2009 may qualify for the Main Competitive Examination.
Important: The Preliminary Examination is designed only to select suitable candidates for the Main Competitive Examination. Marks obtained in the Preliminary Competitive Examination by the candidates, who may be declared qualified for taking the Main Competitive Examination, shall Not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
The questions shall be answered by candidates on an Optical Marks Reader (OMR) sheet;
All candidates are required to appear in both papers including Ex-servicemen candidates i.e. Paper I and Paper II of the Preliminary Competitive Examination are compulsory.
Pattern of PCS Mains Exam
The main examination will consist of written examination and an interview test. The written examination will consist of 9 papers of conventional essay type in the subjects as given below:
|IV||General Studies Paper -I (History, Geography and Society)||250|
|V||General Studies Paper -II (Indian Constitution & Polity, Governance and International Relation||250|
|VI||General Studies Paper -III (Economics, Statistics and Security Issues)||250|
|VII||General Studies Paper -IV (Science and Technology, Environment, Problem Solving and Decision Making)||250|
One of the Best and most authentic study material for Punjab general knowledge .
designed and crafted study material .
- Includes all previous PCS prelims question papers
- Click on the link to see the same chapters now.
Rangla Punjab Book for PCS & IAS exam by Simran Sir —–>
Important:No candidate shall be eligible to appear in the viva voice test unless he obtains 45 per cent(40% for SC/ST) marks in the aggregate of all subject including at least 33 per cent in all the subjects
PCS Exam /Punjab Civil Services Exam Syllabus
The following will be the subjects for the written examination:
- English and English Essay
- Punjabi and Punjabi Essay
- General knowledge from all walk of Life.
PCS Exam / Punjab Civil Services Exam Test Centers
P.O. Box No. 39
Patiala Punjab, India, Postal Pin Code – 147001
Telegram Address –
Phone – 0175 – 5014847(O), 0175 – 5014849(O)
Fax – 0175 – 5014831
E-mail – email@example.com
Questions related to Punjab Civil Services Exam
- How to prepare for PCS Exam?
- Which are the best books for Preparing PCS Exam?
- Maximum age limit for PCS Exam?
- Minimum age for PCS Exam?
Please reach out our academic head for all your queries related to PCS exams.
PCS Exam 2018 Important Dates
Date of Notification
- 23rd March 2018
Last Date of for Filling of Application Form
- 23rd April 2018
Last Date for Depositing the Application Form
- 30th April 2018
Date of Preliminary Exam
- July of 2018