General Studies GS prelims for IAS exam
Preliminary Examination GS prelims would consist of two papers- Paper I and Paper II. The syllabus and pattern of the Preliminary Examination would be as under:
Syllabus for Prelims general studies & CSAT .
(GS prelims Paper 1) (200 marks) – Duration: Two hrs.
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and World Geography– physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
- Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that do not require subject specialization
- General science.
(Paper II) (200 marks) – Duration: Two hrs
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
- English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
- Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
- The questions will be of multiple choices, objective type.
Visit our page What to study for IAS Prelims and mains examination ?
Click here to visit our page on Previous year question papers on General studies prelims.